Followers

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Oh Yes


Oh Yes


By Shelley Miller

Oh yes, that man is all I want,
I told him that already.
I wore a dress from Mary Quant
And said "undress me Freddie"

He said I was a trendy beaut,
Too stylish for his liking,
So I showed up in me old tracksuit
And off we went hitchhiking.

Oh yes, that man, he makes me swoon,
He has a way about him.
Me mum said " not too much too soon,
If he tries his luck, just clout him".

He said he had a way with words
And his heart was full of love.
He said he used to chase the birds
Now he's settled for a Dove.

Oh yes, that man is very fit,
He doesn't own a car.
He bought me a banana split
And said we could go far.

We walked six miles, me bunion throbbed,
Me knees had had enough.
I said "hold on, me corn's been cobbed
And I think I'm up the duff"

Oh yes, that man is all I need,
He took it on the chin,
We found a pub in record speed
And he downed a triple gin.

Me mum said "now I told you Jean,
He won't be round for long".
But I said "I do" in Gretna Green,
This time, mum got it wrong.

Copyright Shelley Miller


4 comments:

  1. Hilarious and it all rhymes. How true to life!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick back to the eighties with this one Shelley. Squeeze and up the junction.
    Enjoyedtheway you pulled it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Great,made me laugh,just the job for extended lockdown.
    That's what I call a Shelleyism.

    ReplyDelete