Followers

Monday 6 April 2020

Poems & Pros

Four by Phil

LOST 

By Phillip Miller

Come back to me my love
The days are so dark without you.
In my life there is emptiness,
a dark cloud above me like nothing before.
I can only walk so far my love
Before I reach that door we all go through.
I know that with you beside me
I am fulfilled, I ask nothing more.
But I cannot see you sad, so give in
to your whims, your silence,
though it cuts me deeply.
Come back to me my love, come back to me.

01/01/2020

JUST VISITING

By Phillip Miller

If you feel cold on a hot summer’s night
please don’t worry, don’t take flight.
If you hear a song but see no one sing
if you catch a feather, but not a wing.
Don’t be scared my darling
It’s me, I’m just visiting.

05/09/06



OLD FATHER TIME

By Phillip Miller

He crept up on me
I didn’t see him coming
That wicked old man
I looked at myself daily
No sign of him, ever
Then, out of the blue, I saw him.
A shiver went through me
And it was then that I knew
Old father time had fooled me
just like he’s fooling you.

 21/05/19

Sunrise

By Phillip Miller

Sunrises, dawn chorus begins
Rays kiss the sea, and a bird sings.
Purple, red and orange, a haze of mist and light
Sun has risen, kiss goodbye to night
Clouds appear, like clusters of cotton
A shape forms, but is soon forgotten
You smile at the sky and forget your woes,
when caressed by this light
from your head to your toes.

03/04/06
  


© Copyright Phillip Miller 

4 comments:

  1. Deceptively simple, they read well & reveal their message.
    Well done Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your short poems especially 'Just Visiting'. Last line might be better for omission of word 'I'm'. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, yeah! works without "i'm"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just visiting was my favourite as well although they were all good - a hint of melancholy gives your work a bite.

    ReplyDelete