Followers

Sunday 19 April 2020

Dead pan alley Haibun


Dead pan alley


By Robert Kingston

For three weeks
I have watched them
milling around 
their tireless efforts
robustly tested
in whatever
is thrown at them.
You do not see a break
in their composure
nor do you see them wilt.
Outside them are the politics
the pushing and pulling
between public and private
the constant barrage
of financial restraints
tattooed on their foreheads.
As if it is they that created the mess
they are forced to work in. 


bedpan room
another tumble down rule
to add to the pile

Copyright Robert Kingston

8 comments:

  1. I classified this as a Haibun, correct me if I'm wrong. Finally I get it. Clever counterpoint, great job Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Len. Haibun have that little bit extra.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this. Each time I read it, it sounded better.
    Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. Nice to know that reading it over helps.

      Delete
  3. 'Tis bitter, 'Tis true, and it's all down to me and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Janet. I won't be letting it go without a fight.

      Delete
  4. A blow well aimed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard. We need more of it.

      Delete