Followers

Thursday 16 April 2020

Can't escape your age


There’s no Escaping Age.

By Sis Unsworth

Why is it when they say my age, it makes me feel so mad?
For I am independent, you think they would be glad.
My families so protective, they never let me be,
I wish I could escape from them and just have one day free.

They always talk about me, like I wasn’t there,
they also start to panic if I go near to a stair.
I know my legs are not that strong they wobble now and then,
But if I do fall over, they pick me up again.

However, I am kept with them because I’m of an age,
I really want to venture out and make the world my stage.
I’d love to go out on my own, and wander for a bit,
the other day I did escape and they near had a fit!

When they treat me like a baby, it puts me in a rage,
One day I hope they realise and appreciate my age.
It makes me so impatient but there’s nothing I can do,
They even tuck me in at night and take me to the loo.

When I go in the garden they watch that I don’t fall
but I know there’s a step out there, just by a hard brick wall.
They even think that I can’t wipe my own food off my face.
I find it so embarrassing it is a real disgrace.

The other day they told me off and said I shouldn’t moan
But they can turn the telly on, and they’re always on the phone.
The way they often treat me, I hear some children laugh,
I’m not a little baby, I’m almost two & a half!

Copyright Sis Unsworth

4 comments:

  1. Sis, you're the master of the one liner. But, why does it always have to be the LAST ONE! I wait for your punch line but it always kicks my legs from under. Another good one! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great poem with a surprising twist. You're rhyming verses are lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to read your poems with your voice in mind.
    Always a pleasure.
    Must say though, I'm missing the coffee and cakes. More the cakes. :-))
    Take care everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great twist in last line. Never saw it coming.

    ReplyDelete