Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Shut In Silence


SHUT IN

by Rosemary Clarke

Shut in.
Hearing of loss, hearing of tragedy hearing the worst.
Shut in.
Can't go outside, can't leave the house something stops me.
Shut in.
Shut in from the world, shut in by my mind shut out of the future.



SILENCE

by Rosemary Clarke

I still hear her shouting to me to 'get up!'.
I lay alone in bed unable to move but still, she keeps shouting as she always did
'Come on! It's a beautiful morning!  Summer's here!'
But I look in the half-light and hide myself under the sheets..
And wish I could open the door.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke


2 comments:

  1. A description of Agoraphobia? I hope you are not the sufferer. As always you hit the nub of the problem, so thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can open that door Rosemary. Keep writing, for words are the keys that unlock so many barriers that exist in this world today.

    ReplyDelete