Followers

Saturday 4 July 2020

THE TROUBLE WITH NAMES



THE TROUBLE WITH NAMES

By Peter Woodgate

I have this sort of problem
With names of things and places
With people too, it’s just the same
I can’t put names to faces
There’s Thingamajigs and Whatsername
And Whatchamacallit too
Thingamabobs and Whatsitcalled
Just give me a bloody clue.
You see it’s fairly simple
It’s there within my brain
But accessing is difficult
It’s never been quite the same
Since I became an O.A.P
My memories gone to pot
My children look at me and say
That I have lost the plot.
This does not concern me much
Cos I can keep a list
Of all those names and birthdays
And the things I’ve often missed.
But something is quite worrying
When I cuddle the wife, and then
She utters the words “you’ve had that
And I can’t remember when.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

2 comments:

  1. Why Peter! I didn't know you cared...
    Nice sentiments, appropriate for the current situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem Peter. BTW I reckon your wife is quite cute!

    ReplyDelete