Followers

Wednesday 22 July 2020

ARACHNOPHOBIA


ARACHNOPHOBIA

By Peter Woodgate

Incy Wincy spider
Hanging on the wall
Why so many cobwebs?
I don’t like you at all.
My wife she screams,
But that’s not all
You are a monster
Ten feet tall.
Jo orders me to kill you
No “stay of execution”
A shoe, size 8, to splatter you,
Not by electrocution.
But I’m not mean and I’ve been told
You catch those pesky flies,
But all you catch, it seems, is dust
And that gets in my eyes.
I wish that you’d stop spinning,
Is that too much to ask?
This time of year I get no rest
To dust, a daily task.
Besides, if I should splatter you
It would make a nasty mess,
And I’d be told “you must repaint”
All of the room, I guess.
No, I shall use a nice big glass
And trap you for a while,
I’d watch as you would slip and slide
That really makes me smile.
Amusement over I’d throw you out,
You’d not have time to pack,
Is that the reason that I find
You keep on coming back?


Copyright Peter Woodgate



2 comments:

  1. Poor spider, poor Peter I share your dilemma, my wife is more afraid of spiders than mice... Nice Poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor old spider. Amazing that something so small can cause such fear.
    Me, I like them - they do a lot of good and no harm (except to other insects of course) but then I am weird.

    ReplyDelete