Followers

Thursday 30 July 2020

Flamingo Podnyalsya Ch 11b



Flamingo Podnyalsya Ch 11b

By Phil Miller

Chapter 11 continued.

“We don’t have time for this crap. Come on. Don’t worry, we will not be going back to Command Centre.” said the Russian double agent, as he offered Craig a hand.
Craig looked up in confusion. “What? What’s going on?”
“Your friend KC has a plan.  We need to get back to her, double quick.”
Craig felt a strength surge through his body when he heard KC was ok. He took Peter Donyevsky’s hand and heaved himself up. They stood hand in hand, Craig still unsure of the clinical Russian.
“We can do good my friend, East and West. We can do good in the world, with you as the beacon Craig. Come, I will explain more on the way.”
“I can’t go without Cody,” Craig stood fixed to the spot.
“We don’t have time for this, come on,” Peter grabbed Craig’s arm.
“No, just 5 minutes more.” He screamed out for Cody again. But, there was no answer.
“Look Craig, we go back now. I will call for one of my search teams on the way. If they cannot find her then nobody can, ok!”
Craig studied the cold, calculated killer before him. There was something genuine in his voice.
“Ok! Let's go.”
They turned for the chopper. They had only taken two paces when Donyevsky fell to the floor with a  long crossbow bolt lodged in his neck. The crimson blood pouring like a silken sheet over the chocolate coloured mud. Craig sunk to his knees, waiting for the final blow. He looked down at the most dangerous killing machine he had ever known and knew that there was no point in running. He stood up defiantly.

Mika walked slowly, calmly, confidently towards him, the crossbow hanging down at her side.
She stopped by Peter Donyevsky, twitching in the dirt.
“This is for Pepe, my poor little brother,” she sighed, as she fired one more bolt through his chest then dropped the weapon to the ground. She pulled a small handgun from her belt and pointed to the one hundred foot hole in the ground.
“Move, over there.”
“I don’t care what happens. Just shoot me.”
“That would be far too easy, keep walking.”
They were at the edge of the piling hole. Mika smiled at him. “Get on the floor.”
Craig was resigned to his fate. He had always felt his life would end wickedly. Maybe the dark clouds would leave him now. He sat on the floor. “lay down you dog,” Mika was on him in an instant. She drew a cable tie from her belt and zipped his hands together. “Time for a bit of fun and then some pictures for your friends and mine, I think,” she whispered as she slid out her favourite weapon of choice. She grabbed Craig by the hair, to reveal more of his throat and flicked the razor sharp garrotte around his neck. “If you can keep your head while all those about you,” she laughed loudly as she went for the kill but something distracted her. Some kind of reflective light in the distance. She tried to make out what it was but it was too late. The bullet entered her left eye, killing her instantly and forcing her body backwards into the darkness of the hollowed out ground.
Craig looked up, but all he could see was some slithers of dancing light. Then she appeared.
“Cody! Thank god. I thought you were dead, where did you get the gun?”
“I found it by the cabin, in the mud. Who is she?”
“I don’t know. Get me out of these.”
Cody helped Craig up and they walked slowly past the body of Peter Donyevsky.
“Hang on, check if he has a phone Cody.”
She found a Huawei phone in the inside pocket of his coat and handed it to Craig, who held her damaged hand for a moment. “We need to get that fixed Cody. We need to get out of here. I don’t suppose you can fly a chopper, can you?” Cody stared at him, “I thought not.  We need to move his body. Then run.”
They steadily dragged Donyevsky to the edge of what looked like hell’s hole and, with a gentle nudge, sent him down into the abyss.


Copyright Phil Miller


4 comments:

  1. You're fast running out of characters. When do the good guys arrive? Are there any goodies? Hoew do you keep up the pace Phil, I'm feeling breathless, where will it all end? Well written, in your own inimitable style. It's a winner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! How could you Phil, my heroine, the love of my life, murdered!! Mika, she even quoted from a Kipling Poem.
    I enjoyed this, even though I had a tear in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all comments. One more chapter left, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted mika to mend her ways but she was too far gone. Never mind. KC is still hanging about lol

    ReplyDelete