Followers

Thursday 23 July 2020

Pink Rabbit.


Pink Rabbit.


By Len Morgan

A beer bottle missed my head by inches smashing on the path behind me. Something shattered in front of me spraying shards that hit my calf and fanned out before me.  I felt a sharp pain, "Ugh!  You cow Jenny."  A three-foot floppy-eared pink rabbit hit me square in the chest and my hands grabbed it instinctively.  The front door slammed as I retreated to the front gate.  I could hear her clomping up the stairs. It sounded like mayhem, glass breaking cupboards slamming.  The window flew open and the corner of a suitcase peeked over the windowsill.  "No!" I yelled as all my clothes and worldly goods flew in the wind.

"Sod off Brad!" she yelled.

"This is all your fault!" I yelled at the pink rabbit.  He just grinned back at me, as I read the label ~ 'To Allison, love Brad'.
"Jeanette.  Be reasonable.  I can explain..."


4 comments:

  1. Just a flash fiction in lieu of a poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great piece of flash. I particularly liked the rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serves you right you two-timing rascal and don't ring me again!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete