Followers

Thursday 2 July 2020

MY VALENTINE


MY VALENTINE

By Peter Woodgate

Although at present we are far apart,
the result of mankind’s dark insanity,
I focus on the dreams within my heart
not tainted by the world of negativity.
For each and every day I think of you,
untouched by earthly deeds and selfish thoughts,
within my heart the purity of love is unconfined,
not physical, as in the way that we are taught.
Whilst free of matter, wonders cannot be destroyed
and ecstasy will burn beyond our dreams,
although we cannot touch, as in the worldly sense,
our spirits intertwine, or so it seems.
For we have more than love that fades
as flesh grows old,
not bound by laws of nature we are free
from all restrictions that withhold mere mortals
and no longer blinded, we can see.
Our passion is euphoric, joyous to the end
and down some by-way in the mists of time,
I will take your hand and we will realize
what it is to love, My Valentine.

Copyright Peter Woodgate


2 comments:

  1. Peter you are the old romantic! Thank's for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was lovely, Peter. A beautiful Valentine that would touch anyone's heart.

    ReplyDelete