Followers

Monday 13 July 2020

MIRROR IMAGE


MIRROR IMAGE

By Peter Woodgate

On reflection, I don’t see
My individuality,
In essence, all’s from nature’s past
That doesn’t end, is here to last.
For molecules that form my whole
Were once inert, without a soul,
From raging seas and crumbling stones
Grew sinew, tissue and my bones
And at some point beyond the flame
Revert, as trace, from whence they came.

But out of view and out of touch
Sentient, alive as such,
An individual spark, that’s me
Ignites this personality,
Unique, unmatched, completely free,
An incomparable entity.

Unlike the atoms cyclic term
Where tangible will be reborn,
This inimitable soul will be
Unchanged for all eternity.

So, mirror hanging on the wall
It is not “me” you show, at all.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing another of your brilliant poems Peter - I loved this - it speaks so clearly of our soul connection to all of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this poem, it flows nicely and stays with you for a while.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete