Followers

Wednesday 1 July 2020

I wish I could live longer


I wish I could live longer


By Sujata Narang

I wish I could live, I wish I was alive.
I wish I had a longer life and had more time by my side.
It wasn’t that I wanted to travel across the world or
desired to make a world record of any kind.
I only wanted some years to cherish life, spend time with my little daughters and walk along for a few more miles.
Be there for them when they are off mood, cook my girls some ordinary food.
Wake them from bed, knot their hair and wave them off to school.
I wish I had some time to live.
My girls needed me and I needed them.
I wish I wasn’t only considered only a female
A unit capable of reproducing, specifically a male.
I wish I was strong enough, to stop the vicious trial of child rear.
I wish I had a longer life and had more time by my side.
I wish you could understand my girls needed their mother,
instead of a younger brother.
I wish I could have gathered some courage.
To save my soul experiencing the fierce rage.
I wish I had some time to live.
I wish I had a longer life and had more time by my side.

Here I lay my life, leaving behind desires unsatisfied.
Now that I am gone forever, I say the same prayer.
I wish my girls can have a better life.
And, I sincerely hope they live longer and have more time by their side
After giving birth to a girl child.
Copyright Sujata Narang

9 comments:

  1. Profound and sad Sujata. I feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Phil. Sujata

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very powerful poem that shows your frustration with certain ideologies. I believe that I speak for all at RLWG in supporting
    your thoughts. Well written Sujata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter for your appreciation, this is about some unspoken feelings... i have written this peom to express deep regret..
      And I am glad readers receive the message..
      Sujata

      Delete
  4. A heartfelt piece, well written, thank you for posting it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A meaningful poem that many women can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for reading and appreciating . Sujata

      Delete
  6. Written with feeling Sujata.

    ReplyDelete