Followers

Monday 6 July 2020

I shall look for you



 I shall look for you

 By Rob Kingston

I shall look for you on the other side,
in the rose garden is where I'll reside.
For I'll have done all I can do
in bringing peace to this difficult world.
I shall look for you in the garden of Eden, where the fruits are so juicy and taste of sweet heaven,
where the women are fine, with their soft sweet smiles, their delicate skin bathed in the essence of subtle perfume. 

I shall look for you in their palaces of dreams wherein their pretty dresses they'll dance like queens and sit whispering sweet nothing's for all eternity.

Then I shall look for you in your beliefs prism and see you from afar, when your devilish deeds are done, where the air will be filled with odours of rotting flesh, singeing skin and hair, the place littered with decapitated limbs and heads, removed by the devil's sons, who show no understanding of what this world demands to exist in harmony.
Your envy pointed at those that rise not knowing that greed within their homeland is why they are fighting, not! Nations of peace seeking beings who understand freedom.

I shall see your scarred body and witness the white light that you desire hiding as if they feel the pain you have left behind, not wishing to associate with it.
And I shall see you when the devil is done with you, but! a charred image, in a lonely arid place wondering what instead you could have done.
Pray lord you see reason before these evil deeds have won.

(c) Robert Kingston 30.11.15


3 comments:

  1. Wow Robert, Utopia, Fire and Brimstone. Were you in the pulpit when you wrote this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful. I like the repetition of "I shall look for you.."this works well and seamlessly morphs into "I shall see you..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, well thought out, well written, reads well too...

    ReplyDelete