Followers

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Baldy Pants


Baldy Pants

By Dawn Van Win

No ones’s going to notice
No one’s going to care
So put your pants on back to front
And shave off all your hair
Wake up each day
Rejoice anew
And go and be
Your you-est you


Amongst the crowds of insta-clones
Who twitter in a huddle
Rise up and dance your happy dance
And give yourself a cuddle
Because it’s hard
This simple thing
In living we discover
By bravely being our true selves
We shine lights for one another


And so when passing on the street
We can never really say
Just who may need a shining light
To help them see the way
Back to themselves
Their one true home
And know that they are not alone

Copyright Dawn Van Win

4 comments:

  1. Bless ya for this witty little piece of nonsense rhyme with a message. Very amusing. Thank you for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my pants on back to front, because it's the me-est me,
    I don't even notice this, until I want a pee. However, a very serious message here Dawn. Well written and, most importantly, "we are not alone" PS, Would have been an interesting painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this poem. Being your you-est you means loving yourself warts and all, I think. Would have liked one of your lovely pics to go with it.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete