Followers

Monday 26 October 2020

ROXY

 

ROXY

By Peter Woodgate

When the day has been a grind

And there’s a problem on my mind

I know her love I’ll find.

 

When I’m feeling kind of blue

And I’m waiting in a queue

She’ll be waiting too.

 

She’ll be waiting when I get home

To ensure I’m not alone

And in her eye sincerity and trust.

 

For although I may be weary

And the weather wet and dreary

She’ll spread a ray of sunshine through the dust.

 

She keeps a beady eye on me

Not two, she has just one you see

The other was a loss to glaucoma.

 

But with one eye she can see

Just as good as you and me

And has a soft and congenial persona.

 

With her head upon my knee

She will look with sympathy

Into my eyes and I will get the plot.

 

For without a sound she’ll show

That I must up and go

And open up a tin of Winalot.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

 

2 comments:

  1. You hit my soft spot, mans best friend, but Winalot? Can't you do better than that? Even you wouldn't eat that stuff! But, well written and cleverly disguised right to the last word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, even I wouldn't eat that stuff but all the posh cuisine doesn't rhyme with plot!!!

      Delete