Followers

Wednesday 14 October 2020

BROKEN RENDEZVOUS

 

BROKEN RENDEZVOUS

By Peter Woodgate 


How can a clock tick so loudly,

whilst displaying the numbers

to sadden my heart?

How can a storm rage so furiously,

without destroying buildings,

yet tearing my world apart?

And, how can I make that journey home,

knowing my insides will remain

within that hall,

to greet the grinding, hissing train?

 

On my way home,

I open the car window

and throw expectation

into the path of an oncoming vehicle.

I see how easily it is destroyed,

yet, the driver is unaware

of the destruction, they have caused.   

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

 

2 comments:

  1. Not your usual poetic piece but there is no limit to the stories you can tell in verse or in rhyme. I enjoyed it and the sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, was a serious little poem Peter.

    ReplyDelete