Followers

Monday 19 October 2020

Nuts & The Stranger

 

NUTS

by Rosemary Clarke

Nuts are good for you so I am told.
They're sweet and they're crunchy and never grow old.
We've put them in cakes or have eaten them raw
They come out at Christmas, and then we want more.
We don't eat enough of them
Of that it is true.
I can't see why, when nuts are so good for you.
P.S. and raisins.

 

THE STRANGER

by Rosemary Clarke

Spiders webs with spiders all over the place
Tangling my hair, covering my face
The room is darkened and covered in gore
I didn't know, now I won't live here no more.
Go out in the sunlight, live once again
No matter the trouble, no matter the pain.
Just keep forging onward that's all I can see
Then finally I'll find the stranger called 'ME'.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke


2 comments:

  1. Love your little poems Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a lover of nuts and certainly would not like to be in a darkened room with spider's webs all around. If I did meet a strange person it would certainly be me for there is no stranger person than I. Liked the poems Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete