Followers

Thursday 22 October 2020

Elders


Elders

by Rosemary Clarke

Elders all over the world are revered
Looked on as sages and teachers and seers
But Western places treat elders as fools
Giving the backchat and government rules.
Elders are US only lived a bit more
Some and vibrant and happy the rich and the poor.
The lessons they've learned we should all want to hear
Don't put them down but give a huge CHEER!
These folks know resilience much better than you
With wars and restrictions and all they've been through
They're ELDERS and we should look up to them ALL
That way the West World
Will learn to walk tall.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your sentiments completely but, I seem to be the oldest around here... Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think you are Len. Good poem, Rosemary, it flowed well and as usual full of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you Rosemary, Sis Bob W and I are certainly classed as oldies.
    My two eldest grandchildren 28 & 25 are very respectful the four youngest just think I'm a funny old git ( except when I have goodie for them)

    ReplyDelete