Followers

Sunday 21 June 2020

WINDERMERE REMINISCED


WINDERMERE REMINISCED 

By Peter Woodgate

Blues and whites and pinks are seen
from houses on the hillsides, green,

that divide the lake and sky
a scene that visits you and I

these mornings as I open wide
the shutters, now securely tied

to greet the warm and gentle breeze
That drifts across my face, I sneeze

then look back at the bed and you
and see you have awoken too.

Then, softly, I caress your face
you turn around and we embrace,

I whisper that I love you, then,
we hear the chiming of Big Ben.

Copyright Peter Woodgate


3 comments:

  1. Charming traditional Poem, idyllic & romantic. Absolutely loved it.

    Reminds me of a story: A wife explains to her neighbour at her husbands funeral. "We used to make love in time with the sound of the church bells every Sunday morning. Last Sunday, was no exception. But, halfway through a fire engine went by..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem, just as Len said, traditional and romantic.....lovely!
    Shelley.

    ReplyDelete