Followers

Friday 12 June 2020

Kitchen Godless.


Kitchen Godless.

by Shelley Miller

🥘
I'm regarded as retarded
`Cause my IQ is below
A number all the clever ones
Consider to be low.

🥘But I can bake a flaky flan
And spoil a spud or two,
And I can spin a smoothy
Full of berries, red and blue.

🥘I'm a ninny in a pinny
`Cause I cannot count to 3
As the clever ones move up
A notch, and grimace down at me.

🥘But they'll never cook a curry
Quite the same as what I do,
The kind that makes you scurry
In a hurry to the loo.

🥘Or make a gloopy soup of pea
And ham to wash it down,
To traumatise your taste buds
In shades of green and brown.

🥘I'm regarded as retarded
That's a cheeky pack of lies,
But at least I have a kitchen
Long deserted by the flies.

🥘Cuisine that makes you queasy,
Makes your tummy somersault,
Is a skill that I've been done for,
Never mind...just pass the salt.


© Copyright S.C.Miller.

7 comments:

  1. Great fun, Shelley. Enjoyed it very much, just one thing - really sorry but can't make your kind dinner invitation after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err do you do sandwiches? Can you give my wife lessons? Amusing, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great humour, rhythm and rhyme, enjambment too!! I am impressed.
    Great poem Shelley, your cooking...not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil is still with us?! Or does he eat at the office...

      Delete
    2. He's still with us...he's not a fussy eater.
      Shelley

      Delete