Followers

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Saddie a Lady of the Night


Saddie a Lady of the Night

By Sis Unsworth

Saddie was a lady, a lady of the night,
when she heard we were in lockdown, it did give her a fright.
So Saddie wrote to Boris and tried hard to explain,
I can’t social distance my clients would complain.

I want things back to normal, that’s what I desire,
They will not give me furlough and I’m too young to retire.
Saddie couldn’t type so she handwrote with a pen,
then put it in an envelope addressed to number ten.

She didn’t have an income, and found it hard to cope,
Then, she heard about a food bank and that gave her some hope.
A letter came from Boris, who was sad to hear her plight,
He said it must be difficult, for a lady of the night.

He suggested that she leave the streets, and try to work from home,
She could always try the internet or even use the phone
He understood her problem and knew it was a task,
He did then just remind her, she could always wear a mask!

Then she put the letter down, but didn’t have a clue,
She’d be out of work a long time, and wondered what to do?
So, if you’re feeling anxious and your future don’t seem bright,
Spare a thought for Saddie, a lady of the night…

Copyright Sis Unsworth

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your poem Sis. Maybe Boris will include the Saddies of this world in his next briefing. Very funny!
    Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I received this by snail-mail I fell about laughing. Couldn't wait to post it. How do you think them up Sis? Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminded me there are other casualties of the lockdown besides the obvious ones. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny Sis, nearly choked on my breakfast. You might, of course,have contravened PC as you have not mentioned Lady's of the Day. Wait until they realise the night staff are on double time.

    ReplyDelete