Followers

Wednesday 9 September 2020

Your Luck


Your Luck

By Len Morgan

   If you consider yourself to be an unlucky person, think on this, and discover just how lucky you really are:  

  It is estimated that - worldwide - there are 100 million couples, engaging in sexual intercourse, each day.   Of these 910,000 will result in conception.   Nine months later, as a direct result, there will be 400,000 live births.   The odds, therefore, appear to be 1 in 250 but hang on, that is not the full story.

 Each conception relies on just one sperm surviving to fertilise an egg.   Each ejaculation produces, on average, 50 million sperm; the odds of you existing at all are therefore 1/250 x 50,000,000 or 1 in 12,500,000,000.   In other words, you would be 500 times more likely to win the lottery than to be born, is that lucky?

 In my experience, you make your own luck; be positive and it will always be good.


WELL:
It was a good idea for an article but I’ve never been good at Sums so maybe some kind mathematician could tell me if my calculations are correct or pie in the sky…

2 comments:

  1. Hi Len, I would suggest the "LUCK" begins from whom and where!
    Just being born is certainly not lucky for some. Your early calculations
    look dodgy to me, check conceptions to live births.
    PS I envy those 100,000,000 couples having it away every day.

    ReplyDelete