Followers

Tuesday 8 September 2020

A Brief Encounter


A Brief Encounter

By Peter Woodgate

Do you remember, that afternoon,

upon the sand?

We watched the seagulls, gliding,

ate our picnic, nothing grand,

except the beauty of those hours

and the precious moments shared,

a gentle kiss, somewhat embarrassed

I whispered that I cared
.
You looked away, with tearful eye,

I didn’t understand,

why you appeared to be upset,

it wasn’t what I’d planned.

Of course, the tear was one of joy,

you laughed at my dismay,

then stroked my cheek, and kissed my face

and thanked me for the day.

Copyright Janet Baldey






2 comments:

  1. You dog, you can be so devilishly romantic. The song 'Will you still love me tomorrow' springs to mind. Sensitive & well crafted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Peter. It always surprises me when men are so romantic - I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete