Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2020

THE START OF ANOTHER DULL DAY


THE START OF ANOTHER DULL DAY


By Peter Woodgate

Here I am in the laboratory working on my P.H.D. thinking about the Black Death and holding up the skull of a rat.
It was the likes of this poor creature that supposedly caused that awful
Plague, it was, of course, the fleas that lived on the rats that carried the virus but being blamed for most things the poor old rat copped it. In fact, I would not be surprised if the latest virus to hit mankind (COVID 19) will eventually be blamed on “some dirty rat.”

I am now getting rather bored with this project and turn my attention to the world outside my window and am aware of a lovely blue sky. This  causes my mind to wander and I begin thinking about my girlfriend Maria, well she is not actually my girlfriend, but, being the only girl that has ever bothered to talk to me, that’s probably as close to one that I am ever likely to get.
                                                                    
I chuckle as I think back to the laughter caused when I called her malaria, well she always seemed to have a headache, especially when
I mentioned anything to do with sex. It’s no better now and I am thinking of re-naming her Virginia. Don’t think this will help my chances in getting my leg over but what the Hell!

Anyway, better get on with my studies, although this mind-wandering business has made me determined to look for the positives in life and I feel sure there is going to be a rainbow over the next hill. I am looking forward to this huge pot of gold that we will all find at the end of it.

Reality kicks in and I am suddenly aware that refraction disintegrates as we pass through the Brexit rainbow, after all,

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

4 comments:

  1. Liked the analogy. So you would blame Flea's? Nice one Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the 'dirty rats' alluded to are more likely to be homo sapiens.

    Nice tale with a sting at the end and am not talking about yellow and black flying insects.

    ReplyDelete