Followers

Wednesday 23 September 2020

HER SACRIFICE.

 

HER SACRIFICE.

 

By Sis Unsworth

 

She knew she must give up the house, and all its contents too.


The furniture she'd grown to love and bought when they were new.


The settee by the window, opposite the door,


The chandeliers reflecting light, made shadows on the floor.


A stylish table looking chic, refined and debonair,


Complements the features, of the comfy fireside chair.


All those happy memories so clearly did appear,


As she straightened up a cushion and wiped away a tear.


You never can stop progress this she now did know,


So to make room for the laptop, the dolls house had to go.

Copyright Sis Unsworth

4 comments:

  1. Damned computers! What a scenario, well set up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - for one moment I thought you had changed your style and I was about to read a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever Sis, what can I say,
    I should have realized,
    a twist was on its way. Lovely, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having spent the last 2 weeks playing with my little granddaughter's dolls house I can understand how we hang in to them for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete