Followers

Thursday 27 August 2020

Look


Look 

By Robert Kingston

A Fort once stood upon my mount, its history held within.
Look, look now, come see me,

My heritage few will know, but revealing it can be.
Visual delights are plentiful, its people proud, smitten, maybe.
Look, look now, come see me.

Trespass from whichever point, my windmill you will see.
A treasure of architecture on your path, a pleasure most will agree.
Look, look now, come see me.

Stained glass windows adorn our church, tell stories of bygone times,
A mention in the doomsday book, a place seen as earned.
Look, look now, come see me.

Bustling High street, busy shops, cuisine a plenty, places to stop.
Idle chit chat, laughter too, set amongst markets with flowers in bloom.
Look, look now come see me.

A skate park, bowling green, swings and slides, tears and laughter, cheers of pride,
It called Rayleigh town this place to be.
Look, look now, and come visit me. 

Copyright Robert Kingston (2014)



No comments:

Post a Comment