Followers

Saturday 15 August 2020

Daydream


Daydream 

By June Druce

I sat there mid the suns warm rays,
absorbed in natures finest gifts.
Autumn leaves adorn the earth,
and floated into rainbow drifts.
 
Silhouetted through the trees,
sunbeams dancing in her hair.
She stood upon the rustic bridge,
swaying in the morning air.

Aphrodite swathed in white,
cherubic arms clasped her soft body.
And barefoot, she came towards me floatingly.
She smiled; her warm red lips moving.

She spoke; her voice was soft as snow
I’ve waited so long for you to come.
Evading me wither I must go,
She held my hand as we walked.

Through rustling paths,
she looked deep into my eyes.
So sweet and yet so hauntingly sad,
So young and innocent, so very wise.

I felt her lips so warm on mine,
Her tears just like the dew.
Remember me, my heart is yours,
I have to stay beside you.

I oft sit there in that lonely glade,
I know she’ll come, my own cellmate
My hair is white, my days ill spent
she is the mistress of my fate.

Copyright June Druce


2 comments:

  1. This beautiful Daydream was read to the RLWG at the library 08/11/18. I have written it from a recording taken at the time. It displays June's sentiments and free spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June, Shelley says:
    please would you tell June I thought her poem was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete