Followers

Sunday 11 April 2021

PITY ME

 

PITY ME.

By Rosemary Clarke


Pity me no holiday
All the skies look drab and grey.
I really want to go abroad
Now I'm sitting here so bored.
I'm going to rebel; yes I must!
All this closing up is unjust!
We need to have friends around, be free!
Why do they never think of ME?

Pity him all alone.
Because of Covid he's on his own.
His wife, with drips and feeds inside,
does not resemble his lovely bride.
Lives his life from day to day,
praying that she'll be OK.
Really who are WE to moan
WE have people who COME HOME.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

2 comments:

  1. A nice comparison, two viewpoints in juxtaposition. Well written puts things in perspective. Holidays abroad are overrated anyway, think of all the money you are saving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sentiments Rosemary, however, I would almost certainly have thought differently in my youth. It is a selfish world we live in.
    I love reading the messages on your sandwich boards, where do you store them all?

    ReplyDelete