Followers

Wednesday 7 April 2021

BEING ME

 BEING ME

By Rosemary Clarke


Every day I try and try
'Bring ME back!' I want to cry.
The damage to the brain feels bad
And sometimes makes me feel so mad!
I want to throw things all around
And bury myself underground
It's much worse since mum has died
I've lost all thought, ideas and pride
I only live from day to day
The future seems so far away.
I try to plan, it all falls down
In this brainstorm, I will drown!
But..I must throw myself a line
I'm wasting so much of my time
And yet, I've tried my very best
It's not my fault I have to rest!
I've been through traumas, shocks galore
I feel as though my soul is sore
But one step leads to a dance
I've got to give myself a chance!
So writing poetry moves me on
To the author, I'll become
If I take one step each day
Perhaps this time I'll be OK.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

3 comments:

  1. That is your inspiration Rosemary, written from the heart! Well done, bet you felt better when it was out (better out than in), I've been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very brave and well written poem Rosemary. A tiny piece of advice, which, I feel, will tighten up the syllable count and read more smoothly.
    Take out the MY before mum. Take out the first DANCE where you are showing two.
    Second to last line change every to each. Try reading through aloud, after amending. you can then decide which you prefer. very good poem whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good honest thoughts Rosemary.x

    ReplyDelete