Followers

Friday 9 April 2021

NEW ARRIVALS


 NEW ARRIVALS

By Rosemary Clarke

There's been a mistake
I do fear
In doctoring the cats
'Round here.
Help! Ambulance or Fire Brigade
What kind of a mistake I've made
In the bathroom, snug once more
Is mother cat with kittens four!
Because of Covid, no vets here
I hope it ends sometime this year
I'm ready, willing, to have them done
Although kittens are cute and fun
I cannot cope with more than these
Someone, somewhere help me, please?
Kittens kittens everywhere
It makes me want to pull out my hair!
I need the vets to open soon
Or for these cats, they'll be no room!

PS If anyone has another name for a black kit please send.
So far...
Midnight(mum) Ink, Shadow, Sable, Ebony and Jojo.   Thanks.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

2 comments:

  1. I like Midnight but Flash & the Shadow also come to mind. Does anybody want a kitten? Thanks for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife was called JoJo when she was a child so I like that name and would have had a kitten except Jo hates cats. If it had been a puppy different story. Hope they all find loving homes.

    ReplyDelete