Followers

Saturday 5 December 2020

LOVE IN THE TIME OF COVID

 

LOVE IN THE TIME OF COVID 

By Jane Scoggins 


These last six months have been really manic

And all because of a madness pandemic.

This Covid-19 has gone on and on

My love life is suffering, and it's all so wrong.

I am not an amoeba I can’t do it alone

I am flesh and I'm blood, I’m needing someone.

If I can’t mix or chat, can’t cuddle or mingle

I can see no other option than to stay being single

No smiling or kissing or standing close up

With no opportunity for love, I might just give up

I’m sad and I’m lonely, and so want to be close

To another human being, without a mask on his nose

No choice any more must remember the rules

But I’m sick of restraints and these rules rules rules

Another lonely drink by myself, and then to my room

Will have to settle for chatting via video Zoom.

 

Copyright Jane Scoggins

3 comments:

  1. Such a heart felt plea, yet so many of us have the same need, well portrayed and written. Thank you for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem really sums up what so many are feeling and going through. Maybe the new vaccines will get us back on track.
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. It becomes so easy for most of us to shut out those in certain situations, it is something accentuated at Christmas and even more so because of Covid. If only we could all act like Jim (from Old Mr Jones)
    "Love is all you need" so the song tells us. Well put Jane.

    ReplyDelete