Followers

Friday 11 December 2020

Blue


Blue

From Natalie Hudson
I look happy on the outside,
And mostly, that's enough,
But feeling it on the inside,
Is where it gets more tough,
I get up in the morning,
I try to raise a smile,
But really, on the inside,
I want to run a mile,
It takes all of my energy, 
To just get out of bed, 
I find it so much easier, 
To hide away instead, 
Quite frequently I just wish,
That I could disappear,
Climb into a bubble,
And hide from all I fear,
It really gets quite tricky,
To learn to love your brain,
When all it seems to serve you,
Is uncertainty and pain,
Why can't I just be normal,
And think like others do,
Have happy thoughts inside my mind,
And not feel so damn blue,
I really do feel stuck sometimes,
With thoughts that fill my mind,
So negative, so miserable,
And to myself unkind, 
I hope this poem helps people, 
To start to understand, 
That although a smile is on my face, 
My mind is not so grand, 
I really wish this poem, 
Had a positive refrain, 
But I'm afraid that's not the case, 
With what's inside my brain. 

 

                                                                                   Copyright Natalie Hudson 

4 comments:

  1. Rosemary said that you received an invite to contribute, from Richard Banks. An honest reveal, very poetic. Thank you for sharing it with us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem from the heart. Technically it is excellent and its message is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog Natalie. I love the poem, very well constructed.
    I would guess, unfortunately, that many people are suffering the same "brain woes." Winter, Christmas, Covid, the brain is a fickle organ I wrestle with mine daily then drink a pint of Guinness. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely poem. It's a brave and honest poem too because it's not an easy thing revealing how you really feel. Often people want to hear just happy, positive things.
    Shell.

    ReplyDelete