Followers

Saturday 14 November 2020

SELF HARM

 SELF HARM

by Rosemary Clarke

Self harm who does it help, you?
No way
Your body's slashed and torn, worn wish you weren't born
Don't let them play with your life
Thrive, survive take 5
You're not the one to blame you came
To a time and space where you lost face, disgrace all over the place
Your friends try to mend,
Tend send bleeding hearts,
Falling apart. Because they love.
If you die they'll cry, try
By and by to hide it.
All fall then crawl
To their own place, lose face and then, it's all again..
PAIN.
Be brave
Others see another she, he
So be the one they see
That's the key
Then you'll be true
To being you.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

 

3 comments:

  1. "This above all else, to thine own self be true."
    We must each live our own life as best we can but, we can never know the trials and tribulations experience by others.

    In my teens I experienced manic highs & depressive lows (whern I was low! I took to my bed until it was over). Now I live a bland life without those extremes. If I knew why/how, I would shout it from the highest hills, tell the world how I changed. Sadly I don't know, but I do miss those highs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Len I think hormones are mainly to blame. Teen years are are terrible for exploding hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have been lucky, perhaps I didn't have any hormones.
    I like the poem, however, and the words seem pretty wise to me.
    PS I think Len's manic highs were probably down to "whacky baccy. Is that spelt correctly?

    ReplyDelete