Followers

Monday 2 November 2020

ASTROLOGY

 

ASTROLOGY

Peter Woodgate 


I used to think astrology

a hoax, a joke to me,

however, when considering

I’m not convinced, you see.

When I took up astronomy

I laughed at those who chose

to check their star signs daily

To see what each one shows.

But when I studied all the facts

It was feasible to accept

That all those planets, stars and moons

to us exert an effect.

for all the matter that exists

In some way interacts

And we are simply star dust,

Strange, but that's a fact.

Of course, it then depends on who

Interprets what we know,

I just don’t think Humanity

Is qualified to show

How each movement in this vast

and endless universe,

does affect each living thing

and this may be a curse

because we just can’t comprehend

It’s there but out of reach

Despite best efforts of those who

to all will try and teach.

 

I had a dream the other day

I’d been laid beneath the sod,

A final recognition that;

Astrology is God.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

3 comments:

  1. Not your best Peter, but it is a good concept. Keep writing, I know it's difficult under pressure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au contraire! I enjoyed this. I rather like the idea of being star dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to be stardust🌟⭐🌓🌠

    ReplyDelete