Followers

Thursday 18 March 2021

Personal Well-being: 07

 

Personal Well-being: 07 Body Types

By Barefoot Medic


It pains me that so many people are obsessed with how they look.  Yes, you can improve your physique within the limits of your body type.

Body types do not in any way relate to good/bad health or personal well-being.

Understand, there are three distinct body types:

Ectomorph  (Slim).

Endomorph (Bodybuilder).

Mesomorph (Rotund).

I'm a mesomorph, as are the other members of my family to a greater or lesser extent.  One thing I know is that we will never be able to display a six-pack; that's a fact of life but bears no reference to our fitness level.

In my lifestyle, I believe we should do everything in moderation.  Excessive eating, drinking or exercise, are not conducive to good health. 

Put simply, common sense and moderation will always work in your favour.

Neither the ectomorph nor mesomorph will ever achieve the physique of an endomorph, so stop trying and be yourself.  

Just enjoy life in all its variety!

 

2 comments:

  1. Well Len, I've got a six-pack but, according to Jo, I'm not endomorph
    more like drunkenmorph. At least I am a morph so mustn't grumble.

    ReplyDelete