Followers

Thursday 18 March 2021

A welcomed guest

 A welcomed guest

By Carol Blackburn


When staring at daybreak it did emerge,

A welcomed guest, I did observe,

to come, and stay briefly, for tea.

I glimpsed him, in my hour of need.

 

The backdrop of daffodils adorned.

That fluttered as to greet him, as well as me.

I knew he would agree, to stay

and meet me for a cup of tea.

My confused mind, I pondered still,

please linger for a cup of tea,

until a closer peek.

Should I dare to step outside,

a chance, filled with fragrant air?

His brothers and sisters are here, too.

For my eyes to swell, to view.

 

He sits proud, prancing, galloping like a horse,

with carefree kinsfolk, on course.

For my eyes to be seized, with his blinding steed.

To count his entourage, too many, indeed.

Who rapidly, mingle in the dawn breeze?

Should I chance, happiness, at last, for me?

 

A stab of danger, his fragrance from his damaging prance.

The overpowering feeling to embrace,

but will I still be alone, if I decide, in haste?

The temptation is high, my resistance is low.

I try to discern; my eyes start to fill and glow.

The predicament of this blinding felon,

If I venture out and join him and his family, will not be heaven.

 

I resist his abundance of kindness, this my unwelcomed guest.

As I sit in the dawn light, behind my windowpane, never to be sad, at all.

They gaze back at me, as it’s my blessed, hay fever.

That came to visit me!

 

 Copyright Carole Blackburn          2020

 

 

 

1 comment: