Followers

Tuesday 23 November 2021

Personal Well-Being ~ 17

Personal Well-Being ~ 17 Reiki Healing (Visualization)

By Barefoot Medic

Today my wife took an ITEC exam in Massage and came home with a classic tale of visualization.

In the past, I have told how I warmed my feet on cold nights in front of an imaginary coal fire and banished insomnia by visualizing a party down the street.

I know it works because I’ve employed it since my early teens. 

Fred, a Reiki Grand Master was also taking the exam.  When it was over, a fellow student complained of aching & creaky joints. 

Fred told her to close her eyes & visualize him with an imaginary oil can.

He gently manipulated each joint in her hands then said, ”I’m starting to pour oil into this joint, & this, & this…  He oiled both her hands then she opened her eyes and to her amazement, her pain was gone.

So, my wife told him about her tennis elbow and pointed to the spot.

“Here!” he said, and she felt a sharp pain radiating up and down her arm.  “Close your eyes and imagine I’m giving you an injection that will anesthetize it.  Now feel the needle prick.  It’s going in now, feel your elbow going numb?  I’m now slowly withdrawing the needle!  How does that feel?”

Amazingly all the pain had gone.

“The injection will last for up to 24 hours then you will have to give yourself a second injection.”

“Ten hours later she was still pain-free!”

Two up for visualization…

  

5 comments:

  1. I've written this exactly how it is written in my journal June 2000, but it was in fact written 21 years ago... It is a valid tried and tested tool in my arsenal. Use it with that in mind. It can do you no harm & will not conflict with conventional medicine. Use both and you may never know which works but I can attest to both Riki & visualization (use your imagination).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mind is a powerful thing, following several years of debilitating vertigo, where prescribed tablets had only spasmodic effect, I sought, in desperation, the help of a faith healer. During the very short treatment of laying hands on my head I experienced warmth and ever since I have been free of vertigo. That happened 21 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried visualisation but i do know that when I switch on the electric fire without using the heat option, the mere sight of the flames makes me feel warmer. So sucks to you EDF!

    ReplyDelete