Followers

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Finding the Perfect Pet

 Finding the Perfect Pet

Sis Unsworth

I often thought I’d like a pet, but not sure what to choose

to give something a loving home, that has to be good news.

At first I thought about a dog, but then found a few flaws

we do go out an awful lot, and he’ll have to stay indoors

but then I thought about, a friendly homely cat.

But my family visit with their dogs, so it puts an end to that.

What about a hamster, that may be just right

However they’re nocturnal, and we’d only meet at night

I thought about a budgie, now I’ve reached a certain age

But I never liked to see a bird, trapped inside a cage.

At last I’ve found my perfect pet, In fact he just found me

he’s environmentally Friendly, I’m sure that you’ll agree.

He stays at home when we go out, and doesn’t mind at all

We don’t even have to feed him, or like a dog play ball

He doesn’t pollute the atmosphere, and helps with climate change

and also cant get cat flue, and never get the mange

He really is the ideal pet, but now I’m filled with gloom

I think he may be leaving me, as winter coming soon

Some may find him scary, while others may just laugh

We call him ‘Sid the Spider’, & he lives above our bath.

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

 

3 comments:

  1. I see your point Sis low maintenance, not too messy, not too affectionate, But I'd stear clear of this one if I were you... Well written and amusing end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Sis, a nice homely arachnid, no problem. Unfortunately my boys chose tarantulas. Cost me a fortune in crickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem Sis.It made me laugh when you read it out and then told us you really do have a spider called Sid who lives in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete