Followers

Friday 25 June 2021

PETER’S RANT

 PETER’S RANT

By Peter Woodgate

I had a dream the other day

That I was in another land

It wasn’t very far away

And love, it drained like coloured sand

Through time.

Wealth, it seemed, was paramount

And gained without the thought for care

It would be stacked too high to count

Without a single plan to share,

Is this a crime?

We were told “this is the way”

To a better life, a future plan

And slogans showed that this would sway

The minds of sheep dressed up as man.

No time to whine.

This land, it chose to isolate

No need for others, it is great

And ruled by one with golden hair

Who lies yet thinks he’s debonair,

Oh mate.

I woke up from this nightmare dream

Sweat on my brow, for it would seem

I was already in this land

Where everything was fine and grand,

But the one with hair like a toilet brush

Will find statistics, with a rush,

Do not match up to those he gave

Then brushed aside with a casual wave.

It appears we accept politicians lies

Forgive them as they rule our lives

With damned deceit and guarded truth

The fact is they are just uncouth.

If only I could trust someone

To tell the truth treat all as one,

But reluctantly know that won’t be

Corruption is the game you see.

And power is the ultimate

We’re damned and we know our fate.

Votes are planned and aimed at those

Who just don’t look beyond their nose

So keep them happy, feed and plot

Don’t worry about the other lot.

I doubt it ever will be fair,

Nor will we find Utopia.

 

So there it is, I’ve had my say

Thank God for that, I hear you say.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate   

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a rant man. No other word can describe it, thanks for sharing, there's a lot I would agree with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't call it a rant - I call it fair comment! Loved the line - 'The minds of sheep dressed up as man'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very reasonable rant I would say.

    ReplyDelete