Followers

Sunday 13 June 2021

100. Consumed

100. Consumed


By Robert Kingston


In and out I move

From space to space I tread

Soft and hard between the two

The pushes where equal forces are fed

 

I move my jaw to eat my way in

It consumes all of me first

Its persistence results in materialistic needs

Its reverberation forces thirst

 

My lungs are drenched with its varied might

My eyelids are constantly setting to steady for each fight

My hair fills with its gusto, relenting, restrained and tied in knots

My face bares the scars of its endurance

Our bodies can do without it, NOT

 

© Robert Kingston   21.2.15

3 comments:

  1. A bit of a puzzle then Rob, the picture looks like Ants but can't grasp the connection. Someone help me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chestermummy.I get it now

    ReplyDelete