Followers

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Blood in our hands

 Blood in our hands

 By Robert Kingston


They stirred the hornets’ nest in Iraq

And many places since time begun.

They stirred the hornets’ nest in Afghanistan

Just when images to me stung.

They stirred the hornets’ nest again in Iraq

And removed the tyrant Hussain

They stirred the hornets’ nest in Egypt

And left the people there to roam again

They stirred the hornets’ nest in Libya

Taking out the man Gaddafi

They stirred the Hornets’ nest in Syria

 And now the world’s gone batty.

 

The moral of this story

Is becoming clear to sing

If leaders keep stirring hornets nests

One day they are going to sting 

So hence a message to voters wide and far

Take care to whom you place your vote

For when you finally realise

It’s you who fuels their choke…

Copyright Robert Kingsto

4 comments:

  1. Well, this one has a sting in its tail, thereby hangs a tail. I found it a veritable history lesson. One to which I can refer when I forget a conflict I now know where to find it! Thanks to Rob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poem very much. Wars and conflicts are a tragic waste of lives.
    Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess the world is in. Any sign of vulnerability, the tyrants step in and the poor suffer.

    Surely, we can't just stand by and do nothing. Even if it backfires, it's a sign that we care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are but mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed shite. I can't imagine my political satire will worry the global Grand Acquisitors and I am no Spartacus. How low can mankind go?

    ReplyDelete