Followers

Monday 31 May 2021

THE PRICE

 THE PRICE

By Rosemary Clarke


Many of us want the FAME
There's no doubt about it
But the stuff that comes with it
You WON'T shout about it
We all think that they should lead
Can't WE lead US today?
Some on social media
Have to have their say.
So without ANY knowledge
Of famous people's lives
They SMEAR all of the internet
And on this point, they thrive
These people's rare existence
They liken to their own
Why don't they really just shut up
And leave their thoughts at home.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

2 comments:

  1. An interesting slant on trolls. Mmm, well written, short but succinct, like my comment.

    Also, ALL LIVES MATTER (I'm not a racist for saying it), everybody has a right to an opinion:
    I may not agree with what they say but would defend to the death their right to say it! A little more communication & less condemnation would make this world a better place for all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Len here, not all social media is bad, you could argue that this blog is a form of social media. I don't use Facebook and others because I didn't like them. So, like TV programmes, if I don't like them I don't watch them. PS Jo loves Facebook.

    ReplyDelete