Followers

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Ageing pt. 2.


 Ageing pt. 2.

By Natalie Hudson 
I look in the mirror
Is that a grey hair?
Oh no, it's a white one
Not much difference there
And wrinkles, a few now
Not deep, but a trace
Of time and experience
Etched on my face
It's getting much harder
To keep off the weight
So I have to be conscious
Of what's on my plate
I get out of bed 
Each day when I wake 
And all of my joints 
And my back start to ache
My bladder is not
What it used to be
I have to be quicker
When I need to wee
I can't drink as much 
As I guzzled before
The hangover lasts 
And my head hurts much more
But I feel more at ease
With the thoughts in my mind 
My morals, my ethics
I've not left behind 
So bring on the ageing 
Let's embrace the change
It's happening anyway
It's nothing too strange

 

Copyright Natalie Hudson

3 comments:

  1. So true Natalie..I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem Natalie, yes, the realisation that we all succumb to time. Only one white hair, you are just a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids! You're all alike, one white hair? yes I have a few (hairs that is) I count them each morning, they answer by name.
    Lovely piece Nat, well written and amusing.
    But, I refuse to grow old. Gonna live forever, Oh my back, leg cramps, maybe it's not such a good idea...

    ReplyDelete