Followers

Thursday 13 May 2021

FOUR WALLS & IT'S SPORT!

 

FOUR WALLS - A SHORT HISTORY OF COVID

By Rosemary Clarke


Four walls
Oppressed
Not at
Your best
Same as
The rest
Put to
The test
Let be alone.

Closed up
At home
No more
To roam
Friends only phone.

Open
All doors
Freedom
Is yours!
Breathe and
Be free!
Happy we'll be!

 

IT'S SPORT!

By Rosemary Clarke

As a kid
Dad takes you to your first match.
Now at home
You kick balls not play catch.
Now you're grown
You still support your team.
Watch them go
Up the lead board of dreams.
Stay loyal!
Buy each piece of kit
They're royal
You don't like it when they're hit.
Feel so proud

You start to chant their song
In the crowd
Feeling nothing can go wrong.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

2 comments:

  1. Interesting pieces, they work together well. Interesting arrangement of words and rhyme. Thank you for sharing with us...
    (Still more to come).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the various patterns Rosemary. I remember too well the first match my Dad took me to. Dare I ask what team you support? W Ham, perhaps! I am from W London so Chelsea is mine, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete