Followers

Tuesday 25 May 2021

SECOND SIGHT

 SECOND SIGHT

By Rosemary Clarke


Though you cannot see me I'm still with you

Knowing all your sorrows and your joys

Seeing every worry life has brought you...

Remembering when you first bought that toy

How your eyes sparkled as you unwrapped it

Loving the excitement in your heart

Watching as you played too rough and snapped it

Crying with you as it fell apart

Bringing it to me to put together

Trusting just to me to make it whole

Make it fit for any kind of weather

Happiness for you, that was my goal.

Then you reached your teens and went to study

Making me so proud to see you win

Knowing that with joy and cheeks so ruddy

You were letting your true life begin

Then a mate had come so quickly after

With the children one, two, three, and four

Hearing all your family's new laughter

Knowing you were stronger than before.

Then disease struck and we parted time dear

They wouldn't let you see me in the ground

All your hopes and dreams were haunted with fear

Feeling I would never be around. 

Though you cannot see me I'm still with you. 

Watching as you smile through painful tears

Know that I will always be there with you

As I have been all along the years.

 

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

3 comments:

  1. A soulful moving poem. I read it then read it again, a tear formed in my eye. It must have been a moving, pivotal, moment that brought it into your mind. Lovely, the only word to describe it ~ Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this poem twice too and what a beautiful poem it is.
    Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful poem Rosemary, I challenge anyone to read this without emotion.
    you have become quite a poet in lockdown. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete