Followers

Wednesday 19 May 2021

It's Sport 2?

Teams get rich

By Rosemary Clarke


No more the fans they need
Are you ditched?
For this new Superleague?
Oh no, no
You helped to build this group
So how low
Can some big managers stoop?
Anger burns
Flares up and catches fire
As destroyed
Will be fans great desire.
Fans will win
Loyal and ever true
It's a sin
What bigger clubs can do.
Football should
Be for just anyone
Kicking balls
Can be a lot of fun
Competition
Also is great fun too
If you don't
Let the greed take over you.
So bosses
Playing away or home
Save football
Just leave the game alone!

By Rosemary Clarke

3 comments:

  1. As always a nice honest sentiment. I'm afraid I was a bit untimely, I should have posted it a few weeks earlier, it would have been more topical then. But I enjoyed it very much and so will our readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right Rosemary.Im not particularly a football fan but do agree with your sentiments,and having had 3 boys myself I do know that kicking a ball is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the investors in the so called "big Clubs" want a return for the millions they pump in. Just business at the end of the day.
    I must admit I can't really see the purpose of the suggested "Super league don't we have one already "The premiership" most clubs outside of this struggle. It doesn't stop people playing and enjoying football though. Bring back the ankle boots and leather ball.

    ReplyDelete