Followers

Friday 26 February 2021

Witches and Warlocks

 Witches and Warlocks from the Glen 

Peter Woodgate 


I am hypnotized as I watch them,

on breezy summer days,

witnessing a frantic dance

their hands held high,

to grip the cord that links

the group’s manic displays.

Round and round, they go,

whirling and twirling

as garments flap,

to the tune of the wind.

Souls released from human frames

reach for the sun,

and it’s healing powers,

to drive away

unwanted showers.

A ritual of freedom,

for those witches,

and the warlocks,

from the glen.

but, their freedom

will soon be over

this I ken.

I check my watch

yes, it is time,

to take the washing

off the line.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

   

1 comment:

  1. Yes I got on the second read, very amusing. Nice one Pete...

    ReplyDelete