Followers

Sunday 14 February 2021

My Valentine

 

My Valentine
 

By Peter Woodgate 

Although, at present, we are far apart,

a result of mankind’s dark insanity,

I focus on the dreams within my heart

not tainted by the world of negativity.

For each and every day I think of you,

untouched by earthly deeds and selfish thoughts,

within my heart the purity of love is unconfined,

not physical, as in the method we are taught.

Whilst free of substance, wonders cannot be destroyed

and ecstasy will burn beyond our dreams,

although we cannot touch as in the worldly sense

our spirits intertwine, or so it seems.

For we have more than love that fades

as flesh grows old,

Not bound by laws of nature, we are free

From all restrictions that withhold mere mortals

and no longer blinded, we can see.

Our passion is euphoric, joyous to the end

and down some by-way in the mists of time,

I will take your hand and we will realise

what it is to love, my valentine.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

2 comments:

  1. Peter it's true! Your just an old romantic... What a hopeful VALENTINES DAY message for us all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a heart warming poem... a very wonderful romantic poem..

    ReplyDelete