Followers

Thursday 11 February 2021

BETRAYAL

 BETRAYAL 

By Peter Woodgate


 

They say the act of burglary is carried out at night

and that robbery is carried out by day,

 

You stole my heart that evening and robbed me of my youth

then left me in the morning in dismay.

 

Are you then a robber or a burglar?

For both described the way you treated me,

 

I was susceptible and weak, guided by your charms,

And so, your true intent I could not see.

 

So, how do I address you? What names befit your style?

With comments like “fantastic whilst it lasted.”

 

Do I call you Mister Mean? Or something more obscene.

Like, “bloody selfish chauvinistic bastard!”

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

 

1 comment:

  1. I think you got it there... Interesting format more immediate than usual.

    ReplyDelete