Followers

Thursday 14 October 2021

Personal Well-Being ~ 15

 Personal Well-Being ~ 15 Nose Bleeds  

By the Barefoot Medic 


I’ve heard all the clever methods like swallowing ice, putting a key down your back, leaning over backwards.  But in my experience, there is only one effective way to stop a nose bleed (light or heavy).

Between the ages of 3 and 11, I suffered from sudden unexpected nosebleeds.  Initially, I had one a week.  The family doctor showed my parents how to stop them.  I of course couldn’t help but learn how to do it.

  1. Place your index fingers on either side of your nose.
  2. Run your fingers up and down until you find a slight indentation. 
  3. Press down and upwards in the direction of your eyes and you will feel a tingling sensation akin to hitting your funny bone.
  4. Press down firmly and Hold it; usually, the bleed will stop within 30 to 60 seconds. 
  5. It doesn’t matter how heavy the bleed is, it stops!

I found that after 5 minutes I could gently blow my nose and clear out the residue.  I had a bleed in 1964 and the last one in 1973.  Doctors never did discover the cause but, I’m told that children and the elderly are the most susceptible. 

I know it works on me.  But, if in doubt consult your physician

No comments:

Post a Comment